Fighting constantly over the smallest things with your partner is emotionally and physically draining.
Many wives are so tired of the constant and ongoing arguments. They often feel like they are walking on eggshells trying to navigate their husband’s mood, so as to avoid a heated discussion.
Some degree of conflict is healthy, as it means that both people are expressing themselves, rather than keeping everything inside and letting emotions fester.
A great way to describe healthy conflict is to call it a “charged conversation”. It doesn’t need to be loud, aggressive and deflating.
The biggest reason why conflict becomes unhealthy is that your husband’s words feel like a PERSONAL ATTACK on your character, work ethic and beliefs?
Here are 3 ways to diffuse unhealthy conflict!
Change Your Perception
- During an argument change your perception and see his words solely as a PROJECTION of his own opinion, insecurities, anger & beliefs.
- His words are a glimpse into his own shadows and baggage from his past.
Understanding His Words
- Listen to your partner without interrupting.
- Listen until they have said everything they need to say.
- It can be hard not to interrupt.
- LISTEN TO IT ALL
- You don’t need to agree with it (just listen without interrupting)
See his Inner Child
- When your partner speaks, you may be able to see your partner’s (possibly wounded) inner child.
- His inner child is lashing out because he feels controlled, disrespected, judged or blamed.
- His inner child may want to feel more loved, accepted and heard.
Implementing these 3 strategies will allow you to converse with your partner with love, and understanding! You will feel more connected.
TIRED OF ARGUMENTS? Are you ready to take the next step, and start building a marriage that makes you happy?This is exactly what I show my private clients how to do. If you would like my 1-on-1 help creating a customized Free Marriage Roadmap, then book your Complimentary 15 minute “Marriage Roadmap” call where I will give you a strategy that you can implement right away to get your marriage moving in the direction you need to do to save your marriage fast. That’s it.